The Zonta Club of Lincoln held their sixth meeting of the 2018-2019 year on Tuesday, February 12, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church catered by Peggy’s Bakery. A guest speaker from The Immigration Project located in Champaign, IL provided the program. Staffed by experienced immigration attorneys and support professionals, the Immigration Project is the principal provider of non-profit immigration legal services in Central and Southern Illinois. They provide consultation and referral on the path to citizenship. In 2018, they served 86 counties in downstate Illinois and provided support for immigrants from 43 countries. To learn more about The Immigration Project or to request a consultation, you can call (309) 829-8703, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at immigrationproject.org.
The Club is also preparing for the following upcoming events:
- March 6 – Blood Drive from 12:00-5:00 p.m. at the Lincoln Park District
- March 8 – Yellow Rose Day / International Women’s Day
- March 16 – Zonta Area 3 Spring Workshop located in Mascoutah, IL
- April 6 – IGA Sandwich & Bake Sale
- July 4-8, 2020 – Zonta International Convention (100 Years!) located in Chicago, IL