- About Us
- Governor’s Page
- Conferences & Workshops
- Public Relations and Communications
- United Nations
- Z Clubs
- District 6 Clubs
- Photo Gallery
- District 6 Resources
- Zonta International
- Membership Webinar, "Effective Club Communication"
- Z Club leaders reflect
- New Executive Director Appointed to UN Women
- Explore the District 21 Conference through photos and video
- Zonta Appoints New Executive Director
- Zonta International Foundation 2nd in Raise For Women Challenge
- Zonta International featured in Chicago Sun-Times
- Support ZIF in The Raise For Women Challenge
- 2014 Zonta International Convention Website Now Live
- More than 130 nations agree on UN blueprint to combat violence against women
Welcome to Zonta District 6
District 6 News
All but one of our 26 clubs were represented at the 62nd Zonta International Convention held June 26-July 2nd in Orlando, Fl, 22 of which had delegates attending, with three represented by proxy. District 6 had one of the largest delegations, with about 60 attending, out of almost 1600 members at convention. Schedules were full, with leadership training, open forum, volunteer assignments and business sessions. It took two photo appointments to get all of us in one of the two pictures. Opening ceremony was impressive and special for District 6 with the Zonta International flag carried by Jacqueline Beaudry, Chairman of the Zonta International Foundation Development Committee and Past Governor of District 6.
Kudos to the Zonta Club of St. Charles-Geneva-Batavia and Zonta West-Illinois who distributed $17,000 in grants and scholarships at their Annual Awards Banquet on May 6th at Geneva History Center in Geneva! Check out their article in the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/aurora/community/chi-ugc-article-zonta-club-of-st-charles-geneva-batavia-awar-2-2014-05-12,0,1825960.story
Notes from the Governor
It is an honor to serve as Governor of District 6 with this talented energetic leadership team. We met with the 2012-2014 leadership team in joint session in May, found solid progress toward achieving our District goals and identified areas of opportunity as well.
Linda Hiltabrand, District 6 Governor 2012-2014 was recognized by District Zontians at the District 6 meeting on June 28th.