I have been a member of the Zonta Club of Indianapolis since 2009. I have served as Secretary, Vice President, and President, as well as, Membership Chair and Advocacy Chair. As your 2016-2018 District 6 Service Chair, I have three main goals for the biennium:
1. Ensure each Club’s service project is aligned with Zonta International’s goals.
2. Encourage each Club to develop strategic alliances with like-minded organizations to increase visibility and credibility within their community.
Encourage each Club to further strengthen their service programs through the partnership of Service, Advocacy, Public Relations, and Membership committees.
2016 Club Service Projects nominated for Zonta International awards
As an organization that seeks to empower women through service and advocacy, Zonta International believes it is important to recognize its clubs and districts for their outstanding service projects that benefit women in their communities. The Award is given at the end of each biennium at the International Convention, and recognizes six of the most outstanding service projects sponsored by clubs and up to three sponsored by districts.
The Zonta District 6 Service Committee recognizes the following Zonta Clubs and has nominated their service projects for Zonta International Awards:
- Zonta Club of Madison: Domestic Abuse Shelter Zonta Team Dinner
- Zonta Club of Milwaukee: Neu-Life Community Development Violence Prevention Project
- Zonta Club of St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia: LUNAFEST Films by, for and about Women– a Service, Advocacy and PR event
This decision was based on the following criteria from Zonta International:
- Benefits given to women and/or girls in the local community
- Visibility and credibility created by the project
- Sustainability of the project
- At least one project focused on preventing violence against women
Check out the global impact of Zonta International service projects here: http://www.zonta.org/Global-Impact/Service
Additional service tools:
- Choosing a New Zonta Service Project (doc)
- Service Project Evaluation Form (doc)
- Community Service Project Request Form (doc)
- ZONTA FUNDING GUIDELINES FOR GRANTS
- Zonta Club member Satisfaction Tool
- Zonta COMMUNITY SERVICE PROPOSAL
- ZONTA SERVICE PROJECTS(ppt)
Mentoring as a form of service:
To develop a Mentorship Service Project review the Mentoring documents below as a resource. More information can be obtained at www.mentoring.org.
- Zonta MENTORING I (doc)
- Zonta Mentoring II (doc)
- Zonta MENTORING PART III (doc)
- Zonta MENTORING IV (d0c)